Stainless steel band is a versatile material that can be used in everything from construction projects to shipping installations. However, not all stainless steel banding is the same. It is important to choose the right product for your application.
Stainless Steel Banding
Stainless steel banding is steel with alloys that is flexible and can be used to encircle products. It is a flexible but durable product, adding the strength of steel to a flexible material.
Stainless steel comes in a variety of different alloys. The three main types of alloys are:
While all of them are strong, they are not the same. Understanding the differences will help you pick the right one for your project.
201 Stainless Steel Band
- Developed to balance cost and performance
- Lower nickel content/ higher manganese content
- Corrosion resistant in many conditions
- Stronger than 304 or 316
- Manufactured in the US to ASTM and AISI standards
- Most affordable option
- Industry standard
304 Stainless Steel Band
- Corrosion resistant in a wide range of conditions
- Most commonly used
- As strong as 316, but in a lighter gauge
- Attach signs to poles
- Can be used in moist or corrosive environments
316 Stainless Steel Band
- The most resistant to corrosion
- Ideal for marine environments
- Most expensive option
The Importance of Buying American
While we always support buying products that are Made in the USA, it is even more important when you are purchasing steel. We only use American-made products. That is because steel that is made in the USA
- Has higher production standards
- Has the lowest failure ratings
- Is ASTM stamped
Independent Metal Strap
We are a U.S. based metal strap manufacturer and provider. We offer metal straps in a variety of strengths and alloys, so you can find the one that is perfect for your job. Contact us to find out more about Stainless Steel Band.